Monday, January 20, 2014

Bookmarks...

I recently received a new stamp set "All Booked Up" from PaperTrey Ink and just absolutely love it! I'm an avid reader and jumped at the opportunity to make adorable bookmarks that could be distributed as gifts to all! Here are a few:


 For this first one, I was going with a Shabby Chic look and what I love is that it allowed me to use a bunch of scraps-- I had a cream card base and then pieced together various scraps I had left over from other projects, added some distressing to each corner, lace between the different patters to break it up a bit and add interest, a sentiment on a Spellbinders label et voila!
 
Close up 


Here is another shabby chic bookmark-- similar color scheme and design but different colors and patterned paper. I just love the rustic look using distress inks with a stamp gives!
This one I wanted a cleaner and simpler look, though there still is quite a bit of "oomph". I used the brand new, lovely and FREE stamp set from Papertrey Ink called Ruby Reprise. Just a beautiful stamp set that allows for spectacular shadowing and dimension by layering the flowers. 
This bookmark is similar to the previous in that it is not quite as 'frilly' as the more vintage looking ones but still has plenty of interest. I used a stamp set from Penny Black for the florals and then colored them in with my Spectrum Noirs. I just really started getting in to coloring with alcohol markers so you will be seeing quite a bit of it from here on out

This final bookmark resembles the first two a bit more as it does have some of the same elements-- differing patterned papers, distressing, lace etc though the focal is this beautiful stamp from PTI that I of course colored in with my Spectrum Noirs again. As you are sure to notice, I absolutely love any color remotely close to aqua/teal so I implement it quite a bit into all of my artwork and cards!

Hope you enjoyed these and that it inspires you to make some of your own!


Craft on!

-O



No comments:

Post a Comment